Dear Shwe Yee and Klaus-Dieter,
Unfortunately the holiday is over and we are back in Malta again
But we had a fabulous time in Myanmar , it was too short .
We especially liked :
- The Shwedagon , we spent hours there , a very special feel
- Rangoon Tea House local food
- Local lunch restaurant in Pindaya selected by Koko ( best in the whole trip )
- Balloon festival in Taunggyi , absolutely amazing incl the fireworks
- All your guides , super friendly and knowledgeable ( best one was Koko )
- The train ride from Hsipaw
- The jade market in Mandalay
- The Ayarwaddy River View Hotel in Mandalay , what a fabulous location !
( drinks on the roof terrace overlooking the river )
- The Irrawaddy Princess river cruise
- Bagan Thande our Bagan Hotel with dinner under the trees next to the river , romantic !
- The amazing Golden Eagle ( by far the best operator ) Balloon trip over the Bagan temples
- And probably the main highlight of our trip ( together with the Shwedagon ) was the visit and lunch at the
very relaxed Monastery that you sponsor on Mandalay Hill , such an unexpected lovely experience and we were happy to sponsor it .
So what can we say , it’s been an absolute blast of a holiday , with a super program thanks to your planning & proposals and the flawless execution of it thanks to your guys in the field .
It’s a pity Klaus-Dieter that we just missed you in Nyaung Shwe , but we were happy to meet in Rangoon .
We hope in 2019 that the issues in the West will be resolved and that Myanmar will again be a top holiday destination , we absolutely LOVED it .
Let us know if we can on-line give Golden Clover our recommendation, you deserve it .
Go well privately & with the business, and Happy Travels !
Maarten and Vanessa